Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ava's purse


Before I ever learned to make amigurumi, I made scarves and little girl purses... I remember teaching a summer camp of jr. high girls how to make little purses more than a decade ago. I don't think I'd made one since then, until now. I'm on a little mission to make as many birthday and other holiday presents as possible. It's economical and prevents furthering the ever-growing glut of "stuff" we all have in our lives.

I guess this is stuff too. But at least it's hand-made and from the heart :-).

This purse is simply double crocheted in green, with a border of magenta, then crocheted together in green again. I added simple circular flowers and a pink fleece lining so the purse's future contents don't escape out the rather large spaces between stitches!


Just for fun, I thought I'd give sweater frog a ride. Too bad, they're going to separate people.

No comments:

Post a Comment