Saturday, December 18, 2010

Loveable lion

This is probably my biggest amigurumi so far... he's almost a foot from head to toe. He's on his way to Vancouver, B.C., where I hope he'll be loved by my good friend, Dorothy's new baby boy, J.T. I followed Ana Paula Rimoli's pattern from "Amigurumi World: Seriously Cute Crochet."

Some notes on this loveable leo: He's made from vintage "Bucilla" yarn from France. He features safety eyes (instead of my usual pony beads) and, of course, a hand-stitched and embroidered muzzle.

I've also been making a scarf for my friend, Jennifer... sorry no pictures of that.

My next idea is to work on some plush sports balls that can be thrown by enthusiastic toddlers without causing harm. I also plan to make a Bob the Tomato, Larry the Cucumber and maybe some French Peas for Stephen. I just need to get some white felt for their huge, buggy eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment